Tantric Deep Dive: A Week of Empowerments
June 26, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - July 5, 2020 @ 4:00 pm MDT
Tantric Deep Dive: A Week of EmpowermentsAnd Clear Sky's 15th Anniversary | June 26-July 5, 2020
In Vajrayana Buddhism, initiations, empowerments or wongkur (Tib. དབང་, wang) are considered the spring from which all blessings flow. Join us for a tantric deep dive week, with twelve empowerments, followed by a weekend of joy to celebrate our retreat centre’s 15th anniversary.
Tantric Deep Dive
A week of Vajrayana Empowerments
Not only is 2020 Doug Duncan Sensei’s 70th year, it is also our retreat centre’s 15th anniversary. To celebrate, we invite you to join us for a week of rarely given vajrayana initiations.
These empowerments give you an energetic blessing, and access to practice mantra and visualisation of different transcendental archetypes from the Himalayan schools of Buddhism.
Following the week of empowerments, we invite you to stay for the weekend and celebrate Clear Sky’s 15th anniversary with us.
Held at Clear Sky, a 21st-century model for innovative awakening, situated in the beautiful B.C. Rocky Mountains.
Tantric Deep Dive
A Week of Empowerments
June 26- July 5, 2020
What are Vajrayana Empowerments (aka Wongkur)?
Namgyal Rinpoche, our lineage root guru, put it best:
In the depth of the psyche lie all possibilities in a state of unrealized potential. In every being there exists the possibility of experiencing transcendental consciousness, which when the student is ready, the Teacher(s) can make accessible to him or her via empowerment, initiation, or wongkur.
One should regard Wongkur as an event in which the Lama sows the seed of transcendental consciousness in the depth of the student. The seed will lie in the unconscious until the student brings it to realization in the practice of meditation.
Why a Week of Empowerments?
Doug and Catherine Sensei will be giving a total of twelve empowerments during this Tantric Deep Dive week. They have chosen to do so, to celebrate Clear Sky’s 15th anniversary, to honour lineage, and to sow the seeds for future realization. Some of the initiations given will be rare empowerments that they have not been bestowed recently.
There will be two empowerments a day, with practice time in between. Look forward to a busy, bustling, engaging, immersive and quite frankly incredible week of transcendental magic.
What’s Expected of Me if I Come to This Retreat?
- This vajrayana or tantric retreat consists of two empowerments / wongkurs per day, and meditative practice time each day. While some meditation experience is helpful, it is not a pre-requisite.
- The weekend following the empowerments (July 4-5, 2020) will be a celebration for Clear Sky’s 15th Anniversary. It is possible to attend only the weekend, with arrival on July 3. Or, leave before weekend, on July 3, though we encourage you to stay!
- An open mind and heart, and a spirit of adventure are excellent things to bring.
- It’s human to have some apprehensions about doing something new, meeting new people, or going to a new place. Particularly when all three happen together. We try to make this as supportive as possible.
- The empowerment portion of the week will largely be a silent retreat combined with some karma yoga (mindful service). To deepen your meditation, we ask that participants refrain from reading, using the internet, your phone or listening to music during the course. During the weekend anniversary celebrations we will no longer be silent, instead embracing joyful connection.
The Location – Clear Sky Center
- Located in the BC rocky mountains, Clear Sky offers over 300-acres to deepen your practice and reconnect with nature. Founded by Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat, the centre is home to students from around the globe who are dedicated to co-creating a supportive and innovative space for awakening in our modern world.
- Daily Schedule
- How to get there, what to bring and other FAQ about Clear Sky
- Our teachings and Clear Sky operate based on the ancient tradition of dāna or generosity. As generosity is the basis upon which all spiritual practice flourishes, we recommend that you learn more about this profound practice before you register.
We highly recommend you read What is Wong Kur’ – Explanations by Ven. Namgyal Rinpoche and H.H. Sakya Trizin” compiled by Wesley Knapp, prior to registering for this retreat.
Reading here: COMING SOON – What is Wong Kur / Vajrayana Empowerment
Meet the Teachers
What Do Previous Retreatants Say?
Through the power of long dedication, deep meditation, and wise guidance, life can definitely be transformed. If you get a chance to study with Doug-sensei and Catherine, don’t miss it. This kind of spiritual guidance and down to earth work have deeply shifted many people’s lives and led to deep awakenings.
Doug and Catherine Sensei are living examples of the dharma teachings. In their presence, they have the ability to put me at ease and their teachings (somewhat mysteriously) become alive and intimate. I trust in their one-pointed focus on whatever it takes to speed their students unrealized potential.
Fees and Dāna
This course is offered by Doug and Catherine Sensei through the ancient principle of generosity, or Dāna.
Clear Sky retreat center where this course is held, has additional fees to cover your meals and accommodation. (See Registration Page below)
Arrival/Departure (to be confirmed): The retreat is scheduled to start on Friday June 26, 2020 (please arrive by 3pm) and ends on Sunday evening, July 5, 2020.
In order to give enough time to rest from travel before the retreat starts, we recommend that domestic travellers arrive one day early, and long distance international travellers arrive two days early.
Booking a flight? Airport pickups can be booked when you register for the retreat. On the rare chance that this retreat is cancelled, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
If you would like to attend only the week of empowerments, or only the anniversary week, departures and arrivals will be on July 3. Please use the registration links here: