Tantric Deep Dive: A Week of Empowerments and 16th Anniversary
August 6, 2021 - August 15, 2021
Tantric Deep Dive: A Week of EmpowermentsAugust 6-12 | And Clear Sky's 16th Anniversary August 13-15
In Vajrayana Buddhism, initiations, empowerments or wongkur (Tib. དབང་, wang) are considered the spring from which all blessings flow. Join us for a tantric deep dive week, with twelve empowerments, followed by a weekend of joy to celebrate our retreat centre’s 16th anniversary.
Tantric Deep Dive
A week of Vajrayana Empowerments
Celebration time! Covid-19 travel restrictions threw a wrench in our plans for Clear Sky’s 15th Anniversary and Tantric Deep Dive in 2020. Let’s celebrate in 2021 instead! Join us to fete Doug Sensei’s 71th year, together with 16 remarkable years at Clear Sky. To celebrate, we invite you to join us for a week of rarely given vajrayana initiations.
These empowerments give you an energetic blessing, and access to practice mantra and visualisation of different transcendental archetypes from the Himalayan schools of Buddhism.
Following the week of empowerments, we invite you to stay for the weekend and celebrate Clear Sky’s 16th anniversary with us.
Held at Clear Sky, a 21st-century model for innovative awakening, situated in the beautiful B.C. Rocky Mountains.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You may request to sponsor a Wong during this retreat. To request and sponsor, register for the retreat and email Doug and Catherine Sensei with your request by February 1, 2021.
Tantric Deep Dive
A Week of Empowerments
August 6-12, 2021
What are Vajrayana Empowerments (aka Wongkur)?
Namgyal Rinpoche, our lineage root guru, put it best:
In the depth of the psyche lie all possibilities in a state of unrealized potential. In every being there exists the possibility of experiencing transcendental consciousness, which when the student is ready, the Teacher(s) can make accessible to him or her via empowerment, initiation, or wongkur.
One should regard Wongkur as an event in which the Lama sows the seed of transcendental consciousness in the depth of the student. The seed will lie in the unconscious until the student brings it to realization in the practice of meditation.
Why a Week of Empowerments?
Doug and Catherine Sensei will be giving a total of twelve empowerments during this Tantric Deep Dive week. They have chosen to do so, to celebrate Clear Sky’s 16th anniversary, to honour lineage, and to sow the seeds for future realization. Some of the initiations given will be rare empowerments that they have not bestowed recently.
There will be two empowerments a day, with practice time in between. Look forward to a busy, bustling, engaging, immersive and quite frankly incredible week of transcendental magic.
What’s Expected of Me if I Come to This Retreat?
- This vajrayana or tantric retreat consists of two empowerments / wongkurs per day, and meditative practice time each day. While some meditation experience is helpful, it is not a pre-requisite.
- The weekend following the empowerments (August 13-15, 2021) will be a celebration for Clear Sky’s 16th Anniversary. It is possible to attend only the weekend, with arrival on August 13. Or, leave before weekend, on August 13, though we encourage you to stay!
- An open mind and heart, and a spirit of adventure are excellent things to bring.
- It’s human to have some apprehensions about doing something new, meeting new people, or going to a new place. Particularly when all three happen together. We try to make this as supportive as possible.
- The empowerment portion of the week will largely be a silent retreat combined with some karma yoga (mindful service). To deepen your meditation, we ask that participants refrain from reading, using the internet, your phone or listening to music during the course. During the weekend anniversary celebrations we will no longer be silent, instead embracing joyful connection.
We highly recommend you read What is Wong Kur’ – Explanations by Ven. Namgyal Rinpoche and H.H. Sakya Trizin” compiled by Wesley Knapp, prior to registering for this retreat.
Reading here: COMING SOON – What is Wong Kur / Vajrayana Empowerment
Clear Sky’s 16th Anniversary
A Weekend Celebration
August 13-15, 2021
Countless hands have contributed to building our incredible center, Clear Sky. It is with deep gratitude that we excitedly share this opportunity to join in celebration, connection and growth.
Weekend festivities include:
- Blessing our future temple site
- A worldwide meditation
- Creative expression opportunities in dance, voice, improv and art
- Dinner and dance under the stars in the Food Forest
- And best of all, time with our incredible Teachers and community.
The Location: Clear Sky Center
- Located in the BC rocky mountains, Clear Sky offers over 300-acres to deepen your practice and reconnect with nature. Founded by Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat, the centre is home to students from around the globe who are dedicated to co-creating a supportive and innovative space for awakening in our modern world.
- How to get there, what to bring and other FAQ about Clear Sky
- Booking a flight? Airport pickups can be booked when you register for the retreat. In the event that this retreat is cancelled, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Meet the Teachers
What Do Previous Retreatants Say?
Through the power of long dedication, deep meditation, and wise guidance, life can definitely be transformed. If you get a chance to study with Doug-sensei and Catherine, don’t miss it. This kind of spiritual guidance and down to earth work have deeply shifted many people’s lives and led to deep awakenings.
Doug and Catherine Sensei are living examples of the dharma teachings. In their presence, they have the ability to put me at ease and their teachings (somewhat mysteriously) become alive and intimate. I trust in their one-pointed focus on whatever it takes to speed their students unrealized potential.