Six Yogas of Naropa Retreat 2019
December 7, 2019 - December 21, 2019
Six Yogas of Naropa
There are six bardos, yet you only encounter four during your lifetime. Bardo Yoga is the yoga of the intermediate or liminal state. As it includes aspects of illusory body yoga and dream yoga, it’s recommended that participants have done both of those practices.
Transference of Consciousness Yoga
Transference of Consciousness Yoga practice helps us prepare for when consciousness leaves this organism at the time of death. Practices include dissolving the sufferings of the six realms into a bindu which travels upwards in the central channel.
Also called the yoga of changing places, this yoga speaks to other worlds and maintaining the light of sleep (as in lucid dreaming) or the light after death. As in other yogas, its successful practice relies on practicing the Paramis.
About the 2019 Six Yogas of Naropa Retreat
Bardo Yoga and Transference of Consciousness Yoga
December 7-21, 2019
The Six Yogas of Naropa are one of the central practices of the Tibetan Kagyu lineage, to which we belong. These practices form a path to freedom through the development of deep understanding into the way things and formations arise and pass away. Meanwhile, the teachings are grounded in the deep understanding of the fundamental principles and practices of Tantra.
PREREQUISITES: Who can attend this retreat?
- 1 million Chenrezig mantras completed.
- 100,000 long Vajrasattva mantras completed
- 100,000 prostrations completed.
- Or special permission from the teachers (contact them at your earliest convenience as another practice is likely to be substituted/required instead).
- Our teaching and Clear Sky operate based on the ancient tradition of dāna or generosity. Please learn more about this profound practice before you register.
Meet the Teachers
What Do Previous Retreatants Say?
Fees and Dāna
This course is run based on the ancient principle of generosity, or Dāna. There are also fees for meals and accommodation at Clear Sky Retreat Center, where the retreat is held.