Sixteen Buddha Body Practice (Meditation Retreat)
December 4, 2020 - December 19, 2020
Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
Are you tired of the routine of daily life? Journey to new lands of the mind. Using self arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of ‘inner space’. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes.
Prerequisites/Preparation: Completion of one million Chenrezi mantras is required preparation. For those who have completed that previously, please also complete 100,000 Vajrasattva mantras.
The Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
December 4-19, 2020
Heritage of the Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
This meditation practice is originally from Tibet, though it was taught to our Teacher, Namgyal Rinpoche, in Thailand, by a Theravadin monk. The northern schools of Thai Buddhism share much with the Tibetan tradition, being linked through students of Milarepa.
As far as information is available, there is only one temple – Wat Pak Nam- in Thailand that taught this system, and that was some years ago.
Why Undertake the Sixteen Buddha Body Practice?
This retreat is for people who are tired of functioning in the world and want to experience something else.
Using self arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of inner space. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes.
What’s Expected of Me if I Come to This Retreat?
- Pre-requisites/Preparation: Completion of one million Chenrezi mantras. For those who have completed that previously, please complete 100,000 Vajrasattva mantras.
- A strong foundation of parami and a willingness to see other dimensions, drug free.
- Due to the intensive nature of this practice, we require participants to not currently be taking prescription medication or recreational drugs.
- The more extensive meditation experience you’ve had the better. This is not a beginner’s practice (we suggest the Sixteen Stages of Insight Retreat for newer practitioners).
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing.
- To maximize your depth of practice, we ask that you refrain from reading, using the internet, phone or listening to music during the course.
- Lastly, our teaching and Clear Sky operate based on the ancient tradition of dāna or generosity. Please learn more about this profound practice before you register.
Meet the Teachers
What Do Previous Retreatants Say?
During retreats with Doug and Catherine I was led to confront hidden parts of myself, unaware that they were affecting me so deeply. Shadow work helped me acknowledge new strengths and wisdom that were within me all along. After retreat I left feeling freer and more confident about my spiritual practice.
My recent retreat experience has been incredibly beautiful, challenging and transformative. The teachers are an inspiration in all ways.
Fees and Dāna
This course is run based on the ancient principle of generosity, or Dāna. There are also fees for meals and accommodation at Clear Sky Retreat Center, where the retreat is held. Please see registration page via button below for details.
Arrival / departure: Arrival time is December 4 by 4pm. Departure is Saturday Dec 19.
In order to give enough time to rest from travel before the retreat starts, we recommend that domestic travellers arrive one day early, and long distance international travellers arrive two days early.
After the retreat we also suggest staying for at least another day for integration, or joining us for the sangha Christmas package.