- This event has passed.
Sixteen Buddha Body Practice (Meditation Retreat)
December 16, 2022 - December 31, 2022
Sixteen Buddha Body PracticeMeditation Retreat| December 16 - 31, 2022
Using self arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of inner space. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes. Registration for this retreat closes December 1st 2022.
Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
Are you tired of the routine of daily life? Journey to new lands of the mind. Using self arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of ‘inner space’. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes.
Prerequisites/Preparation: Completion of one million Chenrezi mantras is required preparation. For those who have completed that previously, please also complete 100,000 Vajrasattva mantras.
The Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
Meditation Retreat plus Nine Empowerments
December 16 – 31, 2022
Heritage of the Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
As far as information is available, there is only one temple – Wat Pak Nam- in Thailand that taught this system, and that was some years ago.
Why Undertake the Sixteen Buddha Body Practice?
Using self arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of inner space. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes.
What’s Expected of Me if I Come to This Retreat?
- Pre-requisites/Preparation: Completion of one million Chenrezi mantras. For those who have completed that previously, please complete 100,000 Vajrasattva mantras.
- A strong foundation of parami and a willingness to see other dimensions, drug free.
- Due to the intensive nature of this practice, we require participants to not currently be taking prescription medication or recreational drugs.
- The more extensive meditation experience you’ve had the better. This is not a beginner’s practice (we suggest the Breathing Retreat for newer practitioners).
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing.
- To maximize your depth of practice, we ask that you refrain from reading, using the internet, phone or listening to music during the course.
The Location – Clear Sky Center
- Located in the BC rocky mountains, Clear Sky offers over 300-acres to deepen your practice and reconnect with nature. Founded by Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat, the centre is home to students from around the globe who are dedicated to co-creating a supportive and innovative space for awakening in our modern world.
- Sample Daily Schedule
- How to get there, what to bring and other FAQ about Clear Sky
- Our teachings and Clear Sky operate based on the ancient tradition of dāna or generosity. As generosity is the basis upon which all spiritual practice flourishes, we recommend that you learn more about this profound practice before you register.
Plus Nine Vajrayana Empowerments (Wongkurs)
- December 25th, pm: Kalachakra
- December 26th, am: Hevajra, 16-armed
- December 26th, pm: Mahamaya
- December 27th, am: Vajrakilaya
- December 27th, pm: Mahakala, 4-armed
- December 29th, am: White Manjushri
- December 29th, pm: White Mahakala
- December 30th, am: Great White Umbrella Mother
- December 30th, pm: Namgyalma
Full Details: Nine Vajrayana Empowerments
What is Wongkur? (Vajrayana Empowerments)
Initiations, empowerments, or wongkur (Tib. དབང་, wang) are considered the spring from which all blessings flow. More literally, these are ritual celebrations in which a specific teaching is transmitted from Teacher to student that enables the student to practice a new form of “Arising Yoga” or “Deity Practice”.
For more information about wongkur, we recommend reading ‘What is Wongkur’, which includes ‘A Western Psychological Orientation to Deity Yoga’ by the Venerable Namgyal Rinpoche and ‘A Traditional Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhist View’ by His Holiness the 41st Sakya Trizin. It is extensive article, published by Wesley Knapp. Visit and support his archival work at the Sakya Namgyal Archive.
Meet the Teachers
What Do Previous Retreatants Say?
Dearest Cata Sensei,
THANK YOU – for holding and shining the outstanding love, care, compassion and wisdom that you do. We are so grateful to have you in our lives and for your presence in this world of ours.
Much love, gratitude and appreciation to you for the incredible woman, teacher and human being your are. Thank you for being a true light and inspiration in this world.
Catherine Sensei is an excellent teacher with a gentle manner and a keen intellect and breadth of knowledge.
It is simply hard to put the ineffable to words. I don’t find meditation easy, but I do find it worth it. I would not have dreamed that a 3 day online retreat could resolve complicated matters that I have wrestled with for years. Yet it did. Thank you, Sensei. Thank you each one of you at Clear Sky.
Catherine Sensei is an inspiring model and teacher of Women in Buddhism. She deftly weaves context, questions and her own experiences with wisdom, curiosity and a stunning clarity.
Dear Catherine Sensei, we are so blessed to have you as one of the dedicated teachers at Clear Sky. I admire your continued commitment to helping us and others on the planet and I am awed by your abilities.
Fees and Dāna
This course is run based on the ancient principle of generosity, or Dāna. There are also fees for meals and accommodation at Clear Sky Retreat Center, where the retreat is held. Please see registration page via button below for details.
Arrival / departure: Arrival time is December 15th if coming internationally / long-haul flight, or December 16 by 4pm if traveling regionally. Check out is possible from Sunday Dec 31 at the earliest, however you are invited to stay for new year’s day celebrations at the center.
In order to give enough time to rest from travel before the retreat starts, we recommend that domestic travellers arrive one day early, and long distance international travellers arrive two days early.
After the retreat we also suggest staying for at least another day for integration, or joining us for a few days to celebrate the New Year.
Booking a flight? Airport pickups can be booked when you register for the retreat. On the rare chance that this retreat is cancelled, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Registration for this retreat closes December 1st 2022.