- This event has passed.
Toronto Teachings: Conscious Love
August 18, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Conscious Love: A Day-Long Workshop
Join special guest teachers Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat for Conscious Love: Tools for Growth-Filled Relationships. Doug and Catherine are the root teachers of the Awaken in Toronto community and founders of Planet Dharma as well as Clear Sky Retreat Centre. Experience the wisdom, insight and humour of this dynamic co-teaching duo.
Conscious Love: Tools for Growth Filled Relationships
Relationships are essential to living a meaningful and rewarding life, and yet also the source of some of our greatest difficulties. Why is it that we are often most emotionally triggered by those we are closest to? What can we do to increase growth and connection in our relationships?
Join us for a weekend of teachings with Dharma Teachers Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat as we explore conscious love. Whether interacting with your partner, friends or family, you will learn tools for loving fully, fearlessly and with compassion in your heart.
- Discover how to practice mindfulness and compassion in the midst of interpersonal conflict and emotional challenges
- Learn how to deepen awareness of yourself and your tendencies through the relationships in your life
- Gain tools for more honest and constructive communication
- Learn how to leverage the relationships in your life for the greatest growth of all involved
Saturday August 18th: 10am – 3pm (with 1 hour break for lunch)
Fees: Dāna + Admin Fee
These teachings are offered by Doug & Catherine Sensei as a form of dāna (the practice of generosity). In return, attendees are asked to reciprocate generously with their own offering to the teachers. There will be a dāna bowl available at the event to give your offering. For more information on dāna see: Dāna Guidelines and Practice.
We suggest a minimum of $30 as Dana for the teachers.
There is also an Administration Fee* to help cover expenses for the event: $30/session early bird (one month early). $40/session regular price
(Please note that this fee does not go to the teachers but goes towards covering transportation and facility rental costs.)
* We aim not to exclude anyone from access to the Dharma because of financial issues. If the admin fee is out of your reach but you are determined to join, please contact us to discuss alternative forms of exchange.
This workshop will be held at the Institute of Traditional Medicine, 553 Queen Street West, Toronto.